At this evening’s PTO meeting, the group approved the 2009-2010 budget.
Here are the highlights:
- Buildings & Grounds – reduced to $150 from $325
- Math Night – reduced from $450 to $300
- PTO Enrichment – reduced from $500 to $200
- Teacher-Staff Appreciation – reduced to $200 from $250 (anticipate donations again this year – last year none of the budget was used)
- Williams Walk to School – reduced to $150 from $300
- Instructional Technology was at $5000. It will be broken into two new lines:
- Technology Consumables at $1,000 (power supplies, light bulbs, etc)
- Technology Mini-Grants at $2,000 for items teachers need that cost less than $300, e.g. CD Players, calculators, etc.
- Principal’s Fund – reduced from $2,500 to $2,000
- Reinstatement of Sports Equipment back to $500
- Postage – incorporated into Office
- METCO Partners – eliminated due to compliance issues
- Political Action – deemed outside of politically neutral mandate
- Facilities Fees – increased by $400 to $500 as a precaution. Last year we spent $715 on a $100 budget (clarification to come after a meeting with Ed Center staff). This covers building permits required to have the school open after hours, and the PTO receives 5 meeting per year with no charge.
- Arch Day – an increase of $25 to $100
- CAPP – an increase of $100 to $900 in anticipation of annual program fee increase
- Teacher’s Fund – increased by $75 to $3,650 to account for an additional staff member this year; a new social worker. Amounts given to each teacher and specialist remained flat.
- Email Blasting – Constant Contact costs $275 per year. We’ll investigate whether we can get a less expensive contract for our email blasting provider.
- SPED Pac Liaisons – $200 for books, refreshments at meetings, etc.
- Student Newspaper, $100. A new program – $42 to be spent on a Student Newspaper magazine subscription.
- Technology – a $9,000 line item – more details to follow.
- Creative Arts – a one time program expense of $1,200 for a special program.